In-person worship has resumed at First Presbyterian,
The details of this service are as follows:
- Beginning Sunday, August 16th at 8:30 AM.
- 45 minutes in duration.
- Worship leaders stationed under the Portico.
- Attendees are invited to bring chairs from home (e.g. “camp chairs”) to sit in the parking lot around the Portico.
- Physical distancing and masks will be required (worship leaders included).
- There will be no greeting time, no congregational singing, and no access to bathrooms at this time (except in emergency situations).
- Music will continue to alternate between Morning Light and Traditional.
- The service will be live-streamed on the internet.
- There will be no greeting time, no congregational singing, and no access to bathrooms (except in emergency situations).
- In case of rain, the service will be canceled. Cancellations will be announced on Saturdays if possible, based on weather forecasts, but those planning to attend should re-check on Sunday morning if the possibility of inclement weather exists.
- The 11:00 AM live stream will continue.
This was an extremely difficult decision for the session. They prayerfully considered the feedback that many members shared. Passionate, well thought-out cases were made both for re-opening and for delaying in-person worship. Ultimately, the Session recognized that if we are to resume in-person worship, our best option is an outdoor service at this time.
This service will be re-evaluated regularly by the Session. The Session and Re-opening Task Force will continue to monitor guidelines and our community situation while seeking paths toward fellowship, discipleship, and more meaningful worship for everyone.
Please pray for our community, church leaders, church staff, and all who are affected by this pandemic. Look for further updates in the coming weeks via the weekly congregational email and our church newsletter, The Call.