VALUES AND MISSION
As we seek to embrace, equip and empower, we greatly value:
– Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior
– meaningful worship and the response to it
– the authority of the Bible
– the power of prayer
– the grace that God provides
– the gifts of each individual
– the new ways in which Christ leads us
– the important role of the home and church in relationship to faith development
– relationships with one another
– intergenerational activities
– making a difference in our community and beyond
– belonging to a community of believers
– following Christ
– intentional spiritual growth
“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” – Acts 15:11
We are a church which embraces:
– Jesus Christ who frees us by His love and offers us abundant life.
– We celebrate Him through regular corporate worship experiences and as individuals in our daily lives.
– God’s Word, which is necessary in teaching and training us for the life He designed for us.
– Meaningful relationships where God’s love in Christ reveals itself and flows from one believer to another and into the world.
– Prayer as a life-changing, powerful and important part of our daily lives.
“Now may He equip you with all you need for doing His will. May He produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to Him.” -Hebrews 13:21
First Presbyterian believes that God created the church as His primary way to equip God’s people. We accomplish this through:
– A spiritually stimulating environment that helps us see ourselves as God’s servants.
– Intentional opportunities to develop personal faith, life and ministry skills through a wide range of venues.
– Discovering, developing and coordinating the gifts of God’s people so that we may work as one body in His service.
– Support for faith development in family, marriage, singles, youth and children.
“For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
When we are equipped to embrace Jesus Christ with trust and resolve, we believe we are empowered by the Holy Spirit to:
– Live in such a way that faith fills our lives, so we can powerfully and victoriously face the challenges and opportunities of life.
– Grow more Christ-like daily.
– Care for those in need as Jesus Christ always did when he expressed His love for His people.
– Tell others about God’s saving grace in Jesus Christ.